Cookie is bumming tonight.
Nora Ephron is dead and Cookie feels as if he has lost a beacon of sanity in this world, albeit in the make believe world of movies. Still, this is a serious bumming.
In her last book, Ephron wrote a bit about the things she would miss most in life. So, in her honor, I have been thinking, what would I miss:
1) The feeling of knowing that you are alive - Seems kinda self evident, but there is this amazing feeling that comes over me a couple times of day that where I see something, or hear something or I touch something and I marvel that "I can do this because I am alive, at this moment, in this place."
2) My husband - I am with the worlds greatest man. He's not a perfect man, mind you, but he's greatest. Not many people get a month with a person like him - I've had fifteen years of everyday and it makes life joyful.
3) Ballreich's potato chips - Cookies loves me some Ruffles, but Ballreich's just seem to hit the spot - especially in winter when they remind of those sunny days in my high school years when the world was at peace around me.
4) My dogs. Not that they are less important than potato chips, mind you. I love me my dogs, Rocky and Kevin.
5) The smell of wet soil in spring, freshly cut grass in summer, and that smell of ozone that drifts in just before a rain shower.
6) A good pizza.
8) Downton Abbey.
So it is to you, dear reader - what would you miss most?