Sunday, January 3, 2021

Off to a bang

 


Cookie's new year is not terribly great.  It's also not a dud, yet.  

It started quietly enough.  

And it has continued to be quiet.  Nothing blog-worthy, that's for damn sure. 

We vacuumed and cleaned the stove.  Now we are doing laundry. 

Told you things were quiet.

I got to gossip with a friend about what the scene at the Hobgobblin's got into with their daughter's boyfriend, in the front yard.  One should never air one dirty linen in public, but screaming at the poor girl's boyfriend in the front yard is something that doesn't say "I am in control of myself."  So my friend and I tut-tutted about that.  Then I heard about the new place they are moving to in Guilford (old money tres chic) and we both agreed that isn't going to endear them to their new neighbors either. 

We did get bits of news about two people we know and love, and the word is it's not good. Neither is Covid, and I won't say more, but be grateful for your health. 

I have decided that 2021 will be the year that I really work on my Photoshop skills, so I have been following the adorable Unmesh Dinda, host of PixImperfect on YouTube. 

I would say that I am still a beginner with full-blown photoshop but this week is mastering adding patterns to clothing, which also demands color shading skills.  This is way over my head, but three days in and I can keep pace with the tutorial, and my goal is by Wednesday to be able to do it without the tutorial at all.  My self-test is going back a week after I stop working on one of these lessons and seeing how far I can get on my own. 

I have two hurdles this week to get through. 

This first is this Georgia Election on Tuesday.   (If you there, please cast an informed vote if you have not done so.)  People, pray that the two incumbents get the boot.  Both are dirty corrupt people. 

And on Wednesday is the certification of the Electoral College.  If this goes according to law, all is well.  If the Trumpist Shit Show doesn't destroy us as a nation. 

My advice, try and make this first week of 2021 the best you can. 

Cookie



7 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your friends, cookie dear. health IS the best gift you have. now if we can get through this week as a country...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do sympathise with you over there in 'Merka - "The Trumpist Shit Show" just about sums up the latest bullying crap from that man. I hope once he finally gets evicted, the FBI swarm in to arrest the cunt. Happy New Year, dear! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your friends recover from all that ails them. Wishing them and you all the best, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Tuesday and Wednesday backfire i just may be done with politics for good. I will have no faith in any of it or anyone.

    And yes...the covid. It's been a terrible two weeks around here. To many I know are getting it and have been very careful...two...not so lucky...so it's puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gonna be a loooooong week.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dread IT but since the SOS of Georgia released that tape of our feckless "leader" my feeling about the election AND Wednesday did a one-eighty. The Republicans may be ready to start devouring one and other. Could be a good show.

      Delete
  6. Blobby does not have high hopes for a non-shit show on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete