Wednesday, January 6, 2021

January 6, 2021 - an attempted coup detat

Cookie is very sad. 

We have, for the first time since 1861, insurrection, and an attempt to tear my nation apart. 

These bastards stormed the Capitol, a building that forty years ago I worked in, and fell in love with. 

It's an attack on my country.  And I hate everyone who was involved, everyone who supports this, and every fucking idiot who is claiming "This is false news!"

Fuck everyone involved in this. 

My biggest complaint is that these assholes will get away with what they have done. 

This isn't freedom of speech - this is insurrection. 

Trump and his follower have declared war on the United States. 

I hate everyone one of them and their supporters. 

At the same time, I want to know what the fuck that balless wonder Ted Cruz is doing.  He and his dirty dozen are facilitating this take over by protesting the count.  

Or is balless Ted Cruz going to change his tune?

We know that Liz Chaney, Republican of Wyoming - a woman who I do not agree with -  and a quorum of Senators and House members counting the electoral ballots.  The House and Senate will not be thwarted in their duty as outlined by the Constitution.

I don't want any more violence. In fact, I don't want violence. 

I want the people who broke the law today caught, charged, and given fair trials. 

And I want Donald Trump's term to end peacefully so he can begin his retirement under indictment.  He has permanently soiled what was left of his legacy. 

This nation will survive.  

But it will be stronger when people involved in this are brought to justice.

9 comments:

  1. Watching with horror from "over the pond", I'd rather see the Orange Twat meet the same fate as his "mirror image from history" Nicolae Ceaușescu, myself. A Fascist rabble-rouser who, together with his brainless thugs, have no support anywhere but in their own feeble collective addled minds. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When President and "Madam" Ceaușescu, met their ends I was in a Romanian immersion program at Ohio State. (Yes, there is such a thing and I did it because I needed to tackle a foreign language in three quarters, not four. It was either this or Lao) There was a great celebration in the class and Mdm. Rosica Botoman told us of her first unguarded call to her family since she and Gitza escaped into a free country. The Ceaușescu's got off easy. They deserved far worse.

      Delete
  2. I say they should be tried for treason and than hung!!!!!! And the sad part? All the milky toast on both sides can talk....but you know they will all walk away fucking scot free!!!!! And THAT will be my problem with the remaining congress on both sides of the aisle.

    A very sad shocking and violent day cookie. We all need a group hug......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, honey. It's "Hanged". "Hung" means a big penis on a human being. I don't want them Hung, unless we strap them ALL down and force them to listen to Willim Hung for hours on end.

      Delete
  3. I like that this will be what children learn about the orange ogre's reign of terror. I agree with you. I want justice done. If this had been a BLM protest we would be talking about a body count. White privilege needs to end with this... they all need to be arrested and held accountable and pay for the damage done. And Grandpa Joe needs to hitch up his pants, put his teeth in and get to work repairing what is left of our democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually don't use strong language, but your sentiments here are if anything understated. It's not even like he's creating an idiot show for the world to gape at--he's destroying the very reputation of the U.S. while uprooting the country itself.

    People attack the "base" but the real criminals are the enablers, the republican politicians who have promoted (and even joined) this insanity and let him get away with it.

    And it often comes back to the old question, just WHAT do the Russians have on him that he would destroy an entire country rather than cross them?
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think we are going to find out what the Russians have on him. And more.

      Delete
  5. kill all the MAGAts! arrest seditious congresscritters and the dump crime family!

    ReplyDelete