And now, because I am a good sport, I must obey Mr. Peenee's commands:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
I find that I am in a position in which I must - nay, am compelled to thank thee for this splendid Meme Honor, which, while I am loathe to admit it, have secretly coveted. Consider yourself thanked. AND consider that being that I have been tagged by thee, I hereby excercise my claim to R-Fella's father's fabulous red convertible Buick, or at least a ride in it, once "Daddy" passes it on.
Very truely yours,
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
Human: Touch this link to Mr. Peenee and be at once transported and exposed to such decadence and splendor that it gives Thombeau the cold willies.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
Well, here goes nothing:
1) I am an only child, but I am not the eldest child in my family. I have two older half brother's, my fathers - and I am my mothers only living child.
2) I was once in love with a Republican, and gave of him my body, willingly. Yes, I admit it, I was deeply, madly and insanely in love with a Republican. He was stunningly beautiful, and the sex was really fun. He taught me many things - including how to cook with real butter. We have remained friends, and sometimes I find it hard to believe that it was 27 years ago that it happened, but greatful that it did.
3) I have battled depression for years - since I was a child we now know. And I don't mean prolonged days of feeling blue. I mean crushing, clinically diagnosed depression, exacerbated each fall - starting around October 1st by Seasonal Affective Depression (SAD), which begins to lift around February 1st. When I see those commecrials on TV for SSRI's, I understand exactly who they are talking to, and what they are describing because I live with it, though the medication helps a great deal.
4) I play Mah Jong. There its out in the open. Not that stupid computer game that everyone thinks is Mah Jong. We play with real tiles, we roll for wind position. We Kong, Pung and Chow. And we go "out-tow" when we make our hand. We play Chinese style. That way we can drink and not have to worry if we are violating the Wright Patterson AFB Rules on Mah Jong.
5) It is almost 29 years ago - August, 1981 to be exact - that I first saw the man who is my husband and who is my perfect match. He was walking down the corridor of Patton Hall on the Muskingum College campus where I had enrolled and where he was a Sophomore. I hated Muskingum from minute one, but he - E - was a bright spot in a terrible place for me to be. I left Muskingum after only a year and half to moved to Washington DC. But after 15 years we found each other, and have been insperable since then. We've been together as a couple for 13 years of complete propinquity. And they have been the happiest years of my life.
6) I worked for a first term Congressman in the Washington DC office back in 1983. Of course I had no idea what I was doing, but I was one his interns back in the days before modern fax machines.
7) I am published author and am listed in the Library of Congress. I have had books published in 2004, 2006, 2007 (a ghostwriting job that I did for a friend so I just got a mention in the acknowledgements, which I also wrote), 2008 and 2009. One of books appearred in a recent issue of Time Magazine, in a story about Ohio State University President E. Gordon Gee, with Dr. Gee seated on his sofa - my most recent book is on the coffee table in front of him. I never said the book was featured; I said it appears in Time Magazine - semantics are everything, you know. Now go buy a book that I have written. I earn a whole dollar from each one sold, and the Studebaker Lark needs a new interior.
There, that is SEVEN factoids
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers and post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
1) NormaDesmond at Mitten Drinnen
2) Kevin at The Lisp
3) Joe at JoeGage
4) Baikinange at Schadenfreudian Therapy
5) Frontier Psychiatrist at Frontier Psychiatry
6) Retromodgirl of Retromodgirl
7) Mr. Peenee because I know he has more to say.
OK, now I am really going to Africa...to forget.