Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Love has many faces



One of Cookie's favorite trash movies is Love Has Many Faces.  It stars Lana Turner as a fading beauty with a big bank account. And we all know where this goes.  Fabulous resorts in places far enough away that no one gets to see her crepelike skin.  Lana looks good and plays a woman involved with gigolos and beach bums out to make a few women happy while being paid handsomely for it. 

The movie also stars Cliff Robertson as Lana's minute man of the minute, Ruth Roman as a woman on the prowl and a bearly clothed Hugh O'Brien looking like the hot daddy on the suburban cul de sac.   Hugh was too tan, and parades around in a white bathing suit, all hot, oily and hairy.


Here's Hugh with just enough moose knuckle...


Even Ruth wants her claws into him...


Of course, there is a questionable death - one of Lana's previous luv bunnies - otherwise it would be fading stars and daddy bodies and regret.  Lots of regret.  

I asked a friend who is a film buff why this doesn't get more airplay and she said "It's because's the men are the sex toys, while the women really can't carry the movie.  It should be a cult classic, but audiences simply didn't embrace it.  Go figure."

If you get a chance to see this trifle, do.  And bring along a bottle of banana boat suntan lotions to snort on whenever Hugh or Cliff saunters onto the screen. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds just like the sort of trash for which Lana became so notorious towards the latter part of her film career. As one critic observed: “what she touches turns bad, but is that because she is bad or because she is irresistibly attracted to the bad?”

    That said, I'd definitely love it!

    jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to see this movie but I keep waiting for Amazon to add it as a Prime Video selection. Don't want to spend $2.99 on my trashy movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd watch just for Hugh! I've always thought he was hot in his day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I've never seen this one... of all the trashy Cult Classics I've watched over and over again, how did I miss it?!

    ReplyDelete