Friday, March 20, 2020

We're all in this blah, blah, blah

What would Diane Fürstenberg do? More importantly, what is she doing right now?


Well, here we are where we never planned to be.   You are living your life and then one day, BOOM, you're in house arrest.  No, no, not that kind of house arrest, but Sheltering in Place. 

So we, like you, are doing what we can do to be compliant with rules for the new plague.  A trip out of solitary is for necessary things, only.  No nightclubbing, and alas, gayety is in short supply.

We all have to do our part.  I tell myself all the time. 

It could be far worse.  I could have been a member of the White House Press Corps, trapped in a room with the Mouth Breather in Chief.

Meanwhile, the husband is working from home for the next eight weeks.

That's eight weeks.  Count them:

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8

That's MAY!

I love having him around, but Cookie needs alone time.

The dogs have been promoted to co-workers.

Rocky is in his bed cubicle licking himself.  I will have to write him up.

Kevin is on guard in the solarium reporting, in dog speak, in on every dog walking by the house.

We were planning an office banquet tonight, but alas, the roast is as frozen as a concrete block in winter, so it will have to thaw in the fridge overnight. Plaques and awards will be given out.

And our BIG plans for this weekend?  Cleaning the basement.  Yes, I know it sounds rash, but that's us - madcap.

Hang in their folks.  After that presser today when the occupant of the Oval Office went ape shit at NBC's Peter Jackson, it's going to be a long, long, long couple of weeks ahead of us.

Remember people: A normal person knows a question is a question.  A psychotic adult sees questions as assaults on their character and they attack any threat, which is everything.  

Cookie

7 comments:

  1. both my husband and I started working from home this week too. 24/7 "us" time. g-d fucking help me.................and him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I been in bed, but I haven't been licking myself. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trump's a psycho.

    Good luck with this "Sheltering in Place" business. It's going to take some patience... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. our state gov closed my office and spouse's office today. spouse can work from home; I cannot. so the 7 of us in my office are going in 1 day per week 1 person at a time to keep things running. I feel for ya, cookie. too much togetherness brings strife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your perspective. Clean the basement? Dear God! We are civilized folk.

    Dear it is Peter Alexander not Jackson. You know the cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are 5 of us here: 2 olds, 2 middles, and 1 eight year old! God help us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. And what a Psychotic Adult he is... complete Sociopath... how did he ever pass a Mental Health Evaluation to occupy the Oval office? Doesn't one have to be Sane to be President? More Curious than that... is his Fan Base broadened with the Bat Shit Crazy antics... so that speaks volumes about how Twisted a lot of people always were and we just perhaps didn't know it? That's scary...

    ReplyDelete