Thursday, March 26, 2020

Hanging In There: We have no other alternative

Lovina and Lars and her dog Thor remind you - Hang in there baby. 


With all this social distancing, I have forgotten why we keep the plastic wraps on the lampshade. 

Oh, yeah, so we can have nice things.

TODAY, the guy across the street, a lovable puppy-like guy decided to burn brush in his front yard.  So he got out his fire pit and lit the brush on fire. 

Within ten minutes, Baltimore's FD was in the neighborhood, admonishing him and his wife.  Evidently, a neighbor called the fire department on him.

The fire department then informed the neighborhood that no, you cannot use a fire pit in the city fo Baltimore, even with the screen cover on.

Well, damn it.  There goes all the fun in the fall months.

That's all in the future if we can still have one. 

We have to plan on it, there is no other option.


7 comments:

  1. spouse and I and cats are hunkered down too. spouse is working from home; I go into the office 1 day/week, and I am the only person there (small business of 6 people). surprisingly, spouse and I haven't killed each other (yet), and the work situation is doable for the short term.

    good to hear from you, cookie; stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would've worn that hat out on the lawn when the FD arrived,
    I bet they would've let you light whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had worn that hat outdoors they would have turned the hose on me.

      Delete
  3. You'd have thought the emergency services might have had more important things to worry about at the moment.

    If ever Lovina gets tired of it, I want that hat! I wouldn't say no to Lars, either... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a hat, an elderly afro-puff or a dead Persian cat? I missed the point, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Plastic Wraps on the Lampshades... reminds me of back in the Sixties when some people put Plastic Covers on their Furnishings... or Plastic Runners on their Carpets... very Weird. And WHAT is that thing on her Head, I'm musing over the possibilities! *LMAO*

    ReplyDelete