Sunday, April 8, 2018

DHTiSH Book Club Selection


The current book club selection is T.S. Eliot's classic, April is a Motherfucker. In it, we are lashed with the stinging whip of a winter that refuses to release us from its loins.  We are beaten by March winds in the month following, drenched in its rains, taunted and teased before relief is finally delivered to us, a bit at a time, and a bit more each time.

And don't even get me started on the scourge of Bitter Wintercrest.

I picked it up this it was a tell-all on April Stevens, which would be some great escapism from this miserable weather.  Thankfully it had nothing to do with April Stevens who is Goddess and very sweet woman.

But, it's really more like T.E. Lawrence, than T.S. Eliot if you ask me.

What are your feelings on this miserable April 2018?

3 comments:

  1. Who knows. I'm only a few chapters in...seems to be finally getting better. But I won't jinkx myself. Lord knows what the next few have in store.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. it fucking sux. and my pollen allergies are just beginning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally knuckled under and went to an allergist. My "load" period (24 shots, one in each arm per visit, for 12 weeks, increasing amounts of allergens) is complete, now I go in twice a month for the next FIVE YEARS.

      Delete