Sunday, May 7, 2023

My cocktail with Blobby

 

Blobby is very real. 

Believe me, reader, when I tell you, the man and the myth lived up to the hype, fellow blogger Blobby everything and more. 

When I knew that I had some family things in Ohio that needed tending, I contacted Blobby to see if he would like to get together for coffee or a beer, and the date was set at the Van Aken District (VAD) Market Place. 

Blobby and I were both at OSU at the same time, but we never crossed paths.  That can happen when a student population is 60,000+.  I mean the University is so large it has its own zip code.  No, not the Zip+4, I mean 43210.  But we grew up in Cleveland's eastern suburbs, and I swear that it's a small town. 

We chatted about stuff, I had a lovely time, and I hope he did too. He got me to sit outdoors, which my Husband will tell you is near impossible, and we toughed it out until the sun sank behind a building. Upon finishing our beverages we left and went our separate ways.  I did invite him and 714 to come to visit us in Baltimore. 

Just as I got out to the car, some woman came running up to my car, jumping up and down and it was my lab partner from 8th-grade science. Now Cookie is known for spotting people, but the last I heard, she was in Cincinnati, so I never dreamed of seeing her, but there she was so back in I went.   We talked about our big project - making five gallons of wine and monitoring the fermentation process. But, being 14, our parents were there for the bottling and they got to keep the spoils. Could that really have been 46 years ago? Where does time fly?

I have to say this, I have had meet-ups with bloggers and they all go well, with the exception of a former blogger who tried shaking me down for cash. And we'll just leave it at that. 

But, Oh, Cleveland, how you evolve in the most wonderful of ways, and a big f-you to media outlets that continue to only focus on that sliver of bad that every city has.  Before I left I did tell the husband that if our old family house was for sale in the Lomond area Shaker, our move would come immediately, not later. 

But it was not to be!

So it was out on Thursday, driving in the rain, was no fun. This was not only my first long-range drive travel since the Pandemic began but since the cancer surgery as well.  Visited, ran into cousins, eat a disgusting amount of heavenly food, and left there at 6am.  I arrived back in Bawlimore at 1:00 PM.  Not bad for a six-hour trip with a breakfast break and stops to use the necessary here and there. 

It's good to go back home and to the place, we'll be living in 18-24 months. 

Cookie

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice time, Cookie! I have to agree. I have met many bloggers over the years and they were all so swell welcoming and friendly. I plan to meet more. Just wait till I get to Baltimore again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG. This THAT what my head looks like from behind??? Frankenstein got off easier! I can't stop laughing that I'm a 'myth' and that there is any 'hype' about me. But any press is good press.

    VERY glad we had a chance to meet, and it wasn't for that, you'd never have seen your lab partner. : ) Hope the rest of your trip was good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, why did I give up that career in phrenology.

      Delete