Thursday, November 10, 2022

SNL takes on the Big Dumb Hat Fem Bots

 


On October 23rd, Cookie broke out the picture of the Pumpkin Spice Fem Bots for the annual naming and poking fun of all things beige, look alike, and wealth privileged. 

I got a couple nasty grams from people saying that as a male, I had no right to judge these women, despite the fact that they all looked like they were refugees from a Nordstrom catalog shoot on their way to Starbucks for Pumpkin Spice Latte fest. 

And I wondered - could this be true?  Or is it just me.  

But then Saturday Night Live skewered the look on its show on November 5, 2022 show and they went after their hats.  Their big dumb hats. 

The only thing missing is where they all meet up together, squeal, tennis kiss, and then compliment each other on their outfits that look like what they themselves have on from the Nordstrom catalog. 

And while Cookie is validated, Cookie also is dying. Enjoy:


14 comments:

  1. I like a good hat. I do not like a big, dumb hat.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck it!!!! It's the truth! They are the "refugees from a Nordstrom catalog shoot on their way to Starbucks for Pumpkin Spice Latte fest". They can't think for themselves and be an original. Major boring. I thought the post was rather very funny and just happened to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your original post was funnier than the skit. It had potential, but they couldn't quite nail it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This should have been one of their filmed commercials, with more women in tan, beige, and winter white.

      Delete
  4. Cookie and SNL nailed it... and BTW: As a Woman I don't see how being a Man means you can't make astute Observations that anyone else can make, you're not excluded from having valid opinions. The Truth is valid regardless of whose pointing it out. The Trolls who sent their Nastygrams can go fuck themselves, since, anyone that uptight, well, probably only has that option anyway. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the giggle. I love me a stupid trend. They nailed it. As did you. Sorry... we have to all have a sense of humor about ourselves and our picadilloes. Me? I'm an out of touch, gay, sexually addicted, talentless hack with delusions of grandeur. And I think I'm a scream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are. BTW, thank you posting that picture of Will Seegers (sometimes Seagers), who was, along with Al Parker, my ultimate heart throbs.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! Yes!! I noticed these type of hats creeping into existence a few years ago. Cookie was spot on. SNL extended the joke even more. Just listen to the dialog of the skit. It's so true, suburban. It appears that some women today want everything to be a Lifetime, Hallmark movie. Stop with the madness. Just a we should with gray flooring and the stark black and white exterior farm house look. We will tackle the ultra all white interior look of a family of 5 at a later date. Where is my upholstery cleaner. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The odd thing is, you never see them on in the mall, or at the grocery. But autumn Fests, Block Parties, Starbucks, etc., and they are out in force.

      Delete
  8. Your post was hilarious!! I missed the SNL sketch, but seeing the video made me laugh. Keep on being you, Cookie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete