Sunday, October 23, 2022

If its October its time for the Pumpkin Spicebots!

 

We're all cycling together!

Every year, in October but before Halloween, Cookie drags out this picture and celebrates all that the trendy Pumpkin Spice Nordstrom way of living has brought to the world. 

And is tradition, we bestow the women in this picture with names that mirror the devotion that they bring to choosing their wardrobes, which are still curiously still on trendy in 2022.

So, from left to right we have Madison, Mara, Marlo, Mathe, Mimi, Maree, Marla, Maren, Marr, Mazie (always with a "Z", like Liza), and Mame.  

And it's been so super fun-fun seeing all of them! (Squeals!)

Over cups of green tea and sugar-free cocoa, the conversation drifts between cars (Three of them drive Tesla SUVs, and two have Volvo XC40s ("Because I really think that we need to protect the planet, and they are so trendy!"), two have BMW Hybrids, two have Mercedes Benz SUVs, and one doesn't own a car because she still lives in the city and she can uber wherever "just so long as the uber is an electric that's all I care about."

One has a brother-in-law in Federal Prison because he got involved with something that "I don't want to get into." 

"You don't need to with us.  We're here for you, in this moment! We see you, we hear you."

"Thanks, you guys! I have the best friends."

Another has a sister who is simply "out of my life with all her types of crazy."

Mara is pregnant yet again this year because "It's so easy for me, I LOVE BEING PREGNANT!"  (Squeals!)  She and Anders are having their fifth!  (Squeals!)

Mame just downsized because she wants to travel.  "You know, nothing fancy. "Fiji, the Galapagos, and I'll winter in St. Barts, just to unwind from the other trips." 

"And you should see Mame's new place on Central Park East - it's so functional."

"Well, it's only 4,800 square feet.  That's doable, right?"

"And so cute."

"Super cute."

She has her own pilates studio in the unit. 

"My trainer Arden comes in three days a week for pilates, and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I meet with Ravi, who removes negativity from my chi.  We meditate for an hour, and then he anoints me with Tibetan oils as we do vocalization therapies to help clarify my inner voice."

"Ravi is so amazing," adds in Mimi.  "He helped Cooper release all the pent-up negativity through chanting and stretching."

"Coop just takes in so much anger from others. And he is so unselfish with the giveback."

Marla BTW is the daughter of Murial Puce, so you know it's all top-drawer.

So super to see you, girls.  Until next year!  (Squeals!)

16 comments:

  1. Oh goodness...don't bring my name into this nightmarish suburban hell Cookie!!!! When I lived in New Hope... groups like this was precisely why us regulars didn't go into New Hope or Doylestown on weekends. Not only did they look like this group who invaded on autumn weekends...but ever other word was "Oh like did you see that, likkkke isn't it the cutest?"

    Them and their pumpkin spice. It wouldn't surprise me if they even used pumpkin spice douches.

    On a side note, I thought of you when I visited Fells Point a few weeks back. I had forgotten my love of Baltimore and Fells Point. I swear I could smell your windsong whiffing into from somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Hope! Suburb to Lambertville, New Jersey! I was trapped there for a weekend in 1992 with my ex-husband and a friend. Let us know if you make the journey again!

      Delete
  2. Shouldn't that be: "so amayyyyzing!!" (Squeals!)

    I hate being anywhere such gatherings of "ya-ya"s. JxJx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Cute", "So cute," and "Super Cute!!!" still rule the day over here.

      Delete
  3. OMG! They really do exist and scare the Hell out of me when I am anywhere in their vicinity! *curses Rick Caruso and his blasted malls* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 60 Minutes years ago did a fashion oriented story about some arbiter of fashion who would wander the malls of northern New Jesery looking for the "chic and fashionable". About a child he said: "why she is the chicest person I have seen all day," then added in that her mother had the cutest pashmina. I wish I could find that clip.

      Delete
  4. OMG. Just kill me if I ever... of course, if a bunch of bloggers got together, we'd all just squeal and talk about boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would, but it wouldn't be that glass shattering squeal that someone women make. Or would it?

      Delete
  5. They've even included a token "person of colour."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi. She's got the gay friends that count. And one of them told her, girl, leave the cowboy hat to the cowboys.

      Delete
  6. Every time I see that picture I cringe. But then again I grew up in the 60's and 70's. I saw a group picture of ladies from back then. Low and behold they were not a bold as your picture above but they all had the same hair styles, bell bottoms, and such. I guess they call it the fads of the day. But my god, if any of the girls above start talking while sitting on the patio of your favorite restaurant, I am out of there. The talking over each other, the shrill voices, and my pet peeve-chuckling at the end of a sentence-statement for emphasis.

    Off-topic-can we stop with the other end of sentence statement of "Right?" Stop the madness!! Just say what you have to say without a chuckle or "Right".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! That fake chortle, as if they are the first people to make that observation, which they are not. Hate it!

      Delete
  7. Also off-topic. Why are young American women obsessed with t-glottalization, i.e. the practice of eliminating the letter "t" from words? For example, instead of "water" they say "WAH-er." Or they say "im-POR-unh" instead of "important." It's acceptable and traditional for British Cockneys to drop their t's but why are Americans doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's better now that it was at the height of the Mall Culture of the 80s. I am still trying to figure out the vocal fry thing - where the end of the sentence gets low and gravelly.

    The husband being a native of Massachusetts, and Cookie being a native of Ohio's (Conneticut's) Western Reserve we have our moments. Milk, for example. He'll say MIL-k, and I say MEL-k. He says Pill-owe and I say Pel-oh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vocal fry refuses to die out but I live in hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to scroll down thru the Archives to see what had wound up the Uptights... this is hilariously accurate, no matter where in the Country they hail from. The AZ Pumpkinspicebots just don't layer so much clothing when it's triple digits in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete