Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Hello, it's been a while

 


And it has been a while - like six weeks. 

I wish I could report back and say that we have been on a madcap caprice around the world, but alas, Cookie is pretty much COVID precaution homebound here. 

And suffice it to say that the only excitement in the coming months is travel to Cincinnati for a wedding, ugh.  Luckily, my friend is the mother of the bride and the bride and groom are very loveable.  Still, no huggie wuggies of physical contact from any guest and full face mask on.  "Really aunt Trudy, so nice to see you, but let's not potentially pass on a deadly disease.

Cookie won't even partake in communion!

But I do wish it was someplace other than Cincinnati. Cookie has just never warmed to the place. Never will, either. 

If we were going to Columbus, or Cleveland, well then, Cookie has scads of things that could be done or friends visited.  So alas, we are literally flying in, and then turning around and leaving. 

On the plus side, Husband and I are fully vaccinated and boosted. 

I wish there was something earth-shattering to share, but maybe peace and quiet is a gift. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're all OK.

    "Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse.
    One comfort we have - Cincinnati sounds worse."

    - Oliver Wendell Holmes

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you pop up to the top of my blog feed. Yes, dear... we worry when we don't hear from our blog faves... especially THESE days! Glad to hear you are still safe and healthy. Stay that way, hon. KIZZES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know your alive - which isn't the same I can say about Cinci.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you checked in...I was tired to seeing the washing machine story...Continue to stay safe...I am as well vaccinated and boosted...I even threw in a flu shot for safe measures...Well, I manage a medical practice so I don't know what is coming in the door...Just think that we as a country could be a lot further along than we are if we didn't have that orange crazy in The White House...To be forthright, I am just tired of the place the country is in...Seems like it is getting worse by the day...Be well...

    ReplyDelete