Friday, May 1, 2020

Another 31 days for the Cookie's



Cookie's husband, always referred to as the Husband, got notice last week that International  Amalgamated Ltd. Inc., his employer, was going to keep the offices locked down through the end of May 2020. 

By the time this is over, that will almost be eleven weeks of being housebound.  Seventy-seven days. 
Now the world around us, we are told wants to start right back up. 

Cookie's not buying it.

I think more people are freaked out about what is going on and floating in the air than they willing to recklessly start resuming contact points. 

I understand the need to start-up food production, in a safe environment.   I get that.

But we don't need everything opened up. 

So to that end, we are staying put.

I am not going to die from someone else's stupidity.

On the good side of this, I am getting allergy shots again so I can breathe without wheezing and coughing.

While Cookie is an introvert, even all of this is getting to me.  We'll figure out a way to get through it all. 

In any event, I hope you are all doing well and taking precautions.  I know its no fun.  But better no fun than no nothing.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be right there with you. Things are going to return back way to fast. Once the weather is sunny and warm, and cabin fever gets real bad...it's going to be total chaos, I think, and the push back to state governments is going to come to a head, and in a bad way. The poor governor in Michigan, with all those wackos. She trying to save their lives and they don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm there, too. But it's what needs to be done ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big industry wants to re-start because there are billionaires out there losing money - and fuck the people who might be putting themselves at risk to go to work. Apart from those baying apes who get the new coverage, there's not a massive consensus from Joe Public to stop this until there's a very good reason or it is safe to do so... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in complete Agreement, just because the obscenely Rich are going Mental with the losses in their Stock Portfolio, I don't really think the Average Citizen, whose suffered ever so much more Economically, is ready to take one for the Team and Die for the Economy, nor are us at High Risk going to hurry up and Die for the convenience of those so spoiled they can't do without a Haircut and trip to the Cheesecake Factory to Dine-In.

    ReplyDelete