Wednesday, August 1, 2018

It's got a hold over me



I know nothing about it other than I am mesmerized by it every time I look at it.

Who is/was this woman?

Was she dancing or just doing the moves?

What music did they play, or was it done in silence?

Did she ever see the image?

Did she find her body movements mesmerizing or grotesque?

Could she have wondered if she could have chosen something better to wear? Something different?

A great photo makes you think, it haunts you.  It's something that you just cannot let go of.  It haunts you.  And every time you look you find something new.

This picture has a hold over me and it's not likely to leave me now, or in the future.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDnqSFYXFs

    the above is safe for work

    my take is she is happy and dancing, probably to some 60s dance craze tune (e.g., the pony, the fly, etc.).

    ReplyDelete