Saturday, July 7, 2012

How hot is it?

The thermometer at Casa 'd Cookie - the one in the SHADE - hit 106.7 degrees this afternoon.  That's Carlos Ponce Hot in my book:


This is our third day in the 100's, and the novelty of this wore off half way through the first day.  Even the dogs don't want to go outside and go on a walk.  And you know it HOT as fuck when the dogs don't want to go for a walk.

The husband has taken refuge in the basement where he is scrubbing and vacuuming the floor.  It's only 85 degrees down there, but its damp.  So it feels like 90+.

And Cookie?  I'm on a "fumes" break from painting our guest room, and I am painting in nude. Why? Because it is FUCKING HOT in there because you can't open the windows because its Carlos Ponce Hot outside.

The paper says that the heat will break on Monday with a high 90 and by Wednesday we'll be in the 70's.

5 comments:

  1. Consigned to the basement and nude painting. You boys are determined to leave quite a trail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And curly hairs in the wall paint.

      Delete
  2. I'm no sure I understand. Is Carlos-Ponce-Hot a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fucken hate summer.

    XOXO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't just tell us you're painting in the nude and then not provide photos.

    I want a refund.

    ReplyDelete