Friday, August 9, 2024

Who the hell are these people?

 

Today Cookie had to get some images for the moving company claim we are filing. That's normal enough, yes?

I took the pictures with my iPhone and then had to use Photoshop on my PC to turn the images into *.jpgs for the claim.  

Well, when I went to Apple to bring the image up on my PC, there were someone else's images.  Mine were there, but this was like a subfolder of about 16 images from the 1940s to 1970s.  Vacation photos, a house photo, some sort of celebration. 

And my first thought was, who are these people? And then upon closer inspection, I thought, who are these dreary people?

Now Cookie collects other people's old photos that he finds, but none of these photos.  I have better taste.

I mean, these people had horrible taste in clothing, eyewear, and from the looks of it, Myrtle Beach.  Cookie does not do Myrtle Beach. Their house was Tudor styled, kinda of cute.  Maybe it was grandmother's house. Who knows. 

Anyway I did not copy their images because I am sure that they have no idea I could see them.  

I don't share my ID or passwords with anyone.  So this is really puzzling. 

So I call Apple support, and I tell them what is going on.  And they can see the error on my screen.  And the guy says, "That's, odd."

And that's why I placed the call. 

Now they're trying to figure out what the Hell is going on with my What the Hell is going on issue.

Well, the claim is filed.  Now we wait to see what Apple finds, and if the claim gets accepted. 




4 comments:

  1. How very weird - and also quite worrying. For if you can see some random stranger's photos, who else in the world can see yours..?! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that! Why what pictures of me could they have and be waiting to deploy! (All my clothes are on, so nothing too hideous, but still. )

      Delete
  2. That's scary!! It would be better if the images were the type that interests gay folks and one is hoping for more to appear. But the reverse may be true. They may be able to view your images. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily these were vintage variety snap shots. But I do wish I knew who they were. I want to ask them about that massive TV Stereo Cabinet with the red bow on it.

      Delete