Thursday, May 16, 2024

Had enough

 

Alas, it is true. 

Cookie has had enough.  

As we are surrounded by trees of every shape, size, and cultivar, Cookie's eyes are sandy, my throat sore from post nasal, and the chronic hacking cough of copious amounts of gunk drip, drip, dripping down my throat - and let's not forget the sneezing - its allergy season. 

Not a pretty picture. 

And it makes you feel cruddy. 

It got so bad I made an appointment with the doctor. 

Ugh. 

And the wonderful doctor is like a half hour away. 

But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Exacerbating ALL of it is that we won't have AC until June.  But, we'll have it. 

But, miracles of miracles, I am doing better than I have in ages. My eyes aren't swollen, I can walk across a room, and when I am home, with the windows down, I am fairly symptom-free.  I can cut the grass if I wear a mask. 

So tomorrow I will get poked and prodded. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't have allergies, but I know plenty of friends suffering terrible this year from them. The Lad didn't even want sex last time he was here. I told him to perform oral on me.... that it would help open up his passages.

    He' didn't fall for it. Hope you feel better soon dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been fortunate that I have not had bad allergies. There was a spell in my 30's but for the most part I am fine.

    Hope your appointment went well today and he prescribed medication. That over the counter shit is for the birds.

    And in closing, there is nothing wrong with being poked and prodded. Depends who is doing it.

    ReplyDelete