Friday, January 26, 2024

Oh, mother. And all this time...

 


I thought my whites were really white.1

I thought that the girls kept declining invitations because they were busy.2

I thought that Dad was my father.3

I thought Dave Garroway was talking to me, not at a camera.4

I thought that Bill and Bruce said that they were going fishing with the guys.5

I thought Al Ghazali was Aristotelian when in fact...he was actually anti-Aristotelian!6

I thought I only had to do it one time, but the truth is: I liked it. I like doing it. Now Bill thinks I am too demanding.  What is wrong with me?7


1 Detergent ad

2 Lysol ad

3 Genealogy clients after DNA returns a NPE.  

4 My father about one of his early clients

5 A wife who is confused about what he husband really gets into.

6 The Big Bang Theory

7 True Stories Magazine


5 comments:

  1. This puts my own problems into perspective. --Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, Dave Garroway is dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner the healing can begin.

      Delete
  2. I remember that detergent Ad. Is anyone REALLY the Father on those DNA Tests?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. I had one woman who called me up and was crying because her mother was her mother, but her maternal grandfather was her father. Oh, she had an inkling that something not right happened. But no one saw this. That was a long call to try and talk her down from the "edge" of a breakdown. This is ALSO why I advise people too speak with a family counselor is they think there could be an unexpected result to speak with a family counselor before taking the test.

      Delete