Saturday, November 11, 2023

Longer than a little while.


 

Well, that really did take longer than expected. 

Our time in the "Old Line State" has ended. 

The husband and I are in the Heights!

The whole moving company was a gigantic fuck up, maybe more on that later. 

But the good news is, the air is sweet in Ohio.  Cookie's asthma is doing better, and the dogs have more prance in their steps.  The husband is more relaxed. The Grocery stores are better, shopping in general is better, and the drivers aren't as batshit angry when they drive. 

Cookie's office should be set up on Monday or Tuesday.

One bit of good news is that the Husband and I registered our cars, and I was able to snag my old license plates, which had been my mother's for 55 years and my father's for 10 before that.  Somehow, that seemed to reset our exit from Ohio 12 years ago. 

AND, we were able to vote in the November election, casting YES votes for women's reproductive health, and legalizing weed for retail sales. (Although the scuttlebutt on the street is that the Ohio House is trying to introduce legislation to muck up BOTH constitutional amendments.  We'll see.  Ohio voters don't like to be ignored.)

So more to come as time permits. 

And oddly, there is nothing we miss about Maryland, except AMTRAK. We aren't pining for anything, or anyone, save for a handful of friends.

My body still aches when I move and I am exhausted from all of this lifting, but we are getting there!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move! I've missed your Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I missed it too. An iPad is only good for so many things. The MacBook is so old, I am afraid to get it running.

      Delete
  2. Well done you! Moving is a real PITA, but the payoff is so worthwhile! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now the Cookie Monster can hang out and get the fresh air it deserves!!!!

    Sorry to hear about the moving company. When I moved from Bucks County, I was nervous using movers, but luckily the guys I used were so impeccable and took good care and had the move well orchestrated, I couldn't have complained about anything, except for that fact I didn't sleep with them!!!! LOL!!! Good lick with the unpack, and cheer to a new beginning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, darling, alas, the Cookie Monster is a mere shadow of itself. That surgery last January zapped it. Still, its here in Cleveland and if anyone can get it to stand at attention, its the folks at Cleveland Clinic.

      Delete
  4. Aaaaaaand relax. It must feel so good to be home! I'm glad to hear that things are better already.
    As for the actual moving company fuck-ups, no matter how much we might try to anticipate some problems and calamities, they always seem to find some special and unforeseeable way to screw something up. I hope you've recovered (or can recover) from whatever the fuck-up was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had some of their I would place a hex on it.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are getting settled. And the election results were your official welcome-back-to-Ohio gift. --Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, was that not grand? Now the mutha fucking Republicans want to void the courts deciding issues on abortion and name themselves a star chamber of sorts. I am so looking forward to unseating this mutha fuckers.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Cookie,

    We are still here!!

    I checked everyday for an update.

    Glad you have the heavy lifting beyond you and now can explore The Heights and find new and old things that make you glad you returned.

    Looking forward to the updates.

    Much Warmth,
    Best of health,

    Victor
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put more miles on my car in the last month than I ever did in a month in Baltimore. So much to see and do! Weeeee!

      Delete
  7. Phew! That must be an incredible sense of relief... Well done!

    Now a new set of adventures begin... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear the positives piling up after the Big Move, but sorry to hear the Moving Company was disastrous. This is why we did a ridiculous Self-Move ourselves this last time, and pulling it off was miraculous, but less got broken than if we'd hired professionals at the stratospheric costs they quoted. And getting your old License Plates back, sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The breakage wasn't as bad as I thought, but they scraped up a lot. The van company has insurance, and I am prepared to list it all.

      Delete