Thursday, August 18, 2022

The report is in...

 


The report from the BIG cancer scan is in. 

It was a horribly uncomfortable scan. It started out with radioactive dye (delivered by a man in a radiation suit carrying a metal canister) injected into my arm, allowed to swirl around for an hour while it infiltrated every nook and cranny.  Then, after an hour, I was delivered to the PetScan equipment where I was told to lay flat, arms over my head for 30 minutes while the scan read the locations of the PSAT seeking dye.  "Hold that position!" and thirty minutes of agony later the guy had to help me bring my arms back down.  I was in a foul mood. Even the husband could see the pain I was in. 

The scan would tell us if any PSA was found in any other part of my body other than the previously known cancer in the prostate.  Anyway, it can spread, you know.  And that's the way the find it.

But the report results are officially unofficial - they haven't been shared with us by the surgeon, that comes next week. But the doctor leaked them, and the rectal colo surgeon seconded them (we were afraid that it spread to the colon.  More about that in September.

But results are in and they tell us that cancer HAS NOT spread.  It remains localized. 

Thank Baby Jesus and the Big One too. 

Now, I'll hippity-hop along until next week when we decide on a course of action on the prostate cancer, which will be sometime after September is my guess.  


6 comments:

  1. Well that's some good news! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news!!

    We can treat localized.

    Yes, the san was uncomfortable/painful. I don't know if I could stay still with my arms over my head for thirty minutes. They should be a TV in there or have book audio of your choice.

    Just remember dear prostate cancer is slow growing so be patient . I am sure you have a great support system.

    Best---

    Victor
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, I hadn't seen your earlier post. (I use Safari & Google won't let me use my old email anymore, so I don't come around very often. It's Chrome or nothing). Anyway, I am quite glad to read that shit hasn't spread. Quite. Please know there's not one solitary thought or prayer in this reply.
    Just love & kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news that it hasn't spread, at least the results of that terribly uncomfortable Test was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the no spread (unofficially). Those nuclear med scans are horrid. I love how they take the syringe out of a LEAD LINED container and inject you with it - and the "don't move a muscle for 30-45 minutes. All I wanted to do was move. I would have stayed put had they never told me that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to go back and read earlier posts, sweetpea, because I've been massively negligent in my blog reading. Glad you've gotten some positive news! xoxo

    ReplyDelete