Sunday, November 22, 2020

If 2020 were a birthday party...

 ...this would be it.


Seriously, I mean.  What the fuck. 

This is more like a dream that you need to talk to your therapist about:  

"Well, Dr. Freud, I am trapped in a French birthday party.  There is only me, the guest of honor who speaks no French at all, and two faceless people who walk around, dressed as emotionally ambivalent clowns, who are observing me, acting out pantomimes that make no sense.   The man occupies what I think is the woman's costume.  A woman occupies what appears to be a then old man's costume.  They dance about, feigning shock, surprise, and ennui. 

"Yes, there are candies to eat, but I am told that they are not for me, but guests.  Who the guests are no one will tell me.  And they generic brand candies, too.  To drink is warm strawberry quick, with peppermint sticks.  And there is a cake which I am not allowed to eat.
 
"The wall of balloons prevents my escape. And the mute clowns keep pulling me back into this scene. 
I can now only seek sexual fulfillment if there are people in costumes made of boxes, judging my performance.

"John Paul Sarte appears, doing magic tricks.  "Pick a card," he says.  I look, it is the three of hearts.  Sarte then holds up a rubber rat and says "You guessed wrong."

"what does it mean, Dr. Freud?  What does it mean?"

 


5 comments:

  1. "it means you need to put down the drugs/booze/glue/whatever and take up a new hobby, my son." hell if I know what this dream all means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. candles are not for you? well, it seems you've dodged a bullet. The shock, surprise and ennui is only about getting another year older. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you washing the fruit off before eating it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick! Grab those sharp forks and try and prong your way to freedom! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you just wrote Cirque du Soleil's new show! Or maybe that is every show they have ever done. Me? I as hoping there would also be a soup nazi... just for the dramatic tension.

    ReplyDelete