Monday, August 10, 2020

Big 10 Babies



Good Lord people, did you hear the screams people as they jumped out of their basement windows from the Big Ten fan base today?

The cries, and the insults of a season that will not happen for college football?

Fair disclosure - Cookie is a graduate of a Big Ten school.  Cookie and his husband lived within a mile of the OSU Horseshoe for 20 years, too.

But for the love of all that is holy, we have three types of upset people who are upset.

The first are the fans who are disappointed.  We all are.  But we see the bigger picture.  Still, it stings today.

The second type - and this is important - are the rabid fans who are sure the sky is falling.  Woe to them!  This was supposed to be our season! (Full disclosure, every season is always the season your team will win.  No tailgating either?  Nope.

Then there are the full-on assholes and Trumpist who are college football fans - even though a sizeable portion of this group never went beyond 12th grade who are certain that this is a PLOT.  Not only that, but it's also those Liberal schools who are out to - and yes, they are saying this - out to politicize this COVID-19 situation. 

I fucking kid you not.

These are the same people that refute science, refute logic, and swear that a pussy-grabbing mentally unstable President is their Savior.

People lets remember - it is only a game. Right?

"But I have to go to work and put myself in harm's way," says a high school drop out who confuses working in the only job he/she is only qualified for because they were too lazy to get the GED. And yes, Clovis Stansberry, I am talking about you.

"I have to go to work, why do those players get out their obligations?"

Clovis was never too bright.  He'd have dated his grandmother had the old woman not come to her senses. Man, that was an awkward prom to behold. But he got extra points from me on his ability to use a polysyllabic word.

But here's the difference: THEY are student-athletes.  And their ability to play is based on numerous factors, including the school's ability to ensure their safety and well-being.

And as we have seen with baseball, which is not a contact sport like college football.  Teams are struggling to make it through a series with one other team, let alone the abbreviated season.

Now Cookie does not attack the stupid on other people's pages.  We have a mutual friend and I am not going to assault their friend's page. 

Nor am I going to point out how everyone has found a way to politicize COVID-19.

But there is not enough ability in anyone to save the stupid from their own biases.

That is, unfortunately, a lesson they are going to have to learn on their own.

But until that happens, they need to get the fuck over this, Big Ten Babyheads

6 comments:

  1. I shit you not - the first 10 minutes of Cleveland news was about Ohio State football. It is just insane. I'm sure Jim Jordan is bummed to not help molest athletes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Clovis single and available to mingle? I may have an opening he can fill. What? Oh, hon, I like 'em dumb. Keeps the arguments short and the loving long. I just tell my baby he's a train. That said... what's his pearly white situation? They can be dumb, but they have to come with their own teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a sports fans of any sport or teams so I could give two shits if sports comes back. I am a long athletic supporter though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't give five fat flying fucks about college sports. or pro sports, for that matter. my stupid baseball team still sucks ass and I ain't listening to the radio to hear them lose another game.

    intelligence and common sense seem to have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookie ALWAYS makes sense...Cookie should be appointed to a cabinet position of his choice...Part-time...Cookie has a husband to corral for gods sake...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookie said it all so well I can't add anything to it. If College Sports not being played for a Season is the End of someone's World who isn't on the actual Team, I really have no Words sufficient to tell them it's time to get a Life.

    ReplyDelete