Thursday, July 23, 2020

Problem with The Hair Hall of Fame because of "safebrowse.io"



This is a cross-post to let you know that we have found an issue to access The Hair Hall of Fame

EVIDENTLY, some users have found a warning screen when they try to access "The Hair Hall of Fame", a blog that Cookie and a cast of whacky cohorts participate with.

When some people try to access the site, using Chrome or Safari, a screen, like the one pictured below, will POP-UP and claim that the site has malicious content.  Unless you consider BIG hair to be dangerous (Well, keep open flames away from aerosol hairspray, of course) and warns you not to proceed.

So we have XFINITY working on this because evidently, this is their thing.  Or it could be Google's thing.  Either way, we need to know.

The problem is, whoever is safebrowse.io and its algorithm has fingered the blog and there is no way to appeal.  We cannot even find out who developed the damned program.  But we do know it's been making people miserable for some time.   Worse still, the HHoF has been dropped from major search engines.

So if this is happening to you, please let Cookie know in the comments.

Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. And I was just coming to get my hair did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This got me curious. When I jumped off of your sidebar thingy (ouch) I had no problem. When I tried the address, googlewise, I got a totally different site. I quit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fixed! I had no problem going to the glorious page that is "The Hair Hall of Fame," and I am using Chrome, on a Chromebook.

    ReplyDelete