Friday, March 22, 2019

Gotta get my springs furs ready

That dog has an incredibly high ass if you ask me. 


Spring is around the corner and its time to get the spring furs ready for those few weeks when it's cool, but not cold.   So Autumn Haze comes back out and the others go into storage.

In other news, my big handsome husband has a problem, and I can't pussyfoot around it any longer.  So let me be frank:

Frank: My husband is a sucker for terrible movies. Gawd he loves them. The more corny, the better.

No, not the camp type of terrible, I mean the real stinkers.  This afternoon he almost got hooked in the 1956 stinker that sank RKO, "The First Traveling Saleslady."  TFTS was the lead production for RKO but it bombed at the box office so bad that students in grade schools did a duck and cover.  It's failure set into motion Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez' purchase of the RKO lot for Desilu Productions.

If the title doesn't already tell you that something is forced, trust me, the whole thing is a giant clinker.  Poor Ginger Rogers.  This was her Trog.  And the BIG reveal is that it's Carol Channing's first movie.  And there is a song about "corsets".  Need I say more?

Well, the hubby comes home early, plops his butt on the sofa, and starts watching it!

I turned it off and he walked the dogs.  Then the sneak got back on the sofa and switched it back on.  So I told him his hair needs cut, and off he went.

He just called and asked if we need anything from the store.   Quickly, I shall slink down the stairs and pull the Comcast cord.

If nothing else, I am a stinker.





9 comments:

  1. Well, as long as he's not forcing you to watch it, I say live and let live. Of course, I don't have to deal with it, so I can say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fur is dead. ain't nothing wrong with watching clunker movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course fur is dead, Carebear! If it wasn't it would bite, duh! Don't believe me? Watch Night of the Lepus, a real Golden Turkey Award winning clunker.

      Delete
    2. I loved that film! For all the wrong/right reasons, of course. An invasion of genetically-modified carnivorous giant rabbits terrorising a small town whose inhabitants include Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun and DeForest Kelley? What's not to love? Jx

      Delete
    3. And starring Stuart "who dat?" Whitman! Not to be confused with Charles Aidman. Maybe I'm the only one who did that.

      Delete
  3. I will say I almost, ALMOST, watched this one myself, but there was a Golden Girls marathon and I do loves me some Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The First Travelling Saleslady may have been a stinker [I have never watched it], but the song A Corset Can Do A Lot For A Lady is a camp classic, surely? Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a freightening number. Carol Channing's mouth opens and out come the voice of Zuul.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the laughs, sugar! I've not seen the movie, but this post and your last sentence made me really LOL! xoxo

    ReplyDelete