Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Justice

I will not shed a tear over her death, instead I will think kind thoughts to people who loved her.

I will not keep a child, from their parent, as she did.

I will not insult a parent to their child's face, as she did.

I will not coax a feeble minded man in to robbing his sister's bank account, as she did.

I will not flaunt my sexuality toward a man whose child is present, as she did.

I will not call anyone's mother a bitch in front of a Rabbi, as she did.

I will not give away items that do not belong to me to spite other people, as she did.

I will not alienate someone who has a right to be present, as she did.

I will not harass, demean or otherwise tell someone that they will die of AIDS as a way of cursing someone, as she did.

I will not tear my husband from his home to live in a place that he does not want to live, as she did.

I will not deny family members the right to observe a milestone, as she did.

I will not lie to others, as she did.

I will not stoop to her level in my life, in any way, as she did.

I will not force a dying man to change his will, as she did.

I will not harass a previous spouse over death benefits owed and earned, the way she did.

I will not rob anyone of their father's legacy, as she did.

I will not let my sick husband die surrounded by strangers because "I needed a day of pampering," as she did.

I will not take a jab at her memory*.

I will, however, forgive her for these sins against my father, myself, my brothers, his grandchildren because she could never forgive anyone for any slight that offended her, and that would make her nuts. 

But I will never forget.

Now, she has what she deserved all along, nothing.

And that is justice.


*yet



2 comments:

  1. oh my...this should be interesting when you cut loose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark your calendar. All they need to do is hand over what was taken from us and apologize.

      Delete