Thursday, October 24, 2024

The Big Day of Errands fall 2024 Edition.

 




The last couple of days have been a busy couple of days.  Why?

From time to time, the husband and I pick a day during the week which becomes our Big Day of Errands.  Why, because there are things that have to be done, Monday through Friday, sufficiently important that we both need to be there.  This is not to be confused with the weekend errands, which we do on the weekends, or the errands I run throughout the week. 

No, the Big Day of Errands are things that are big, or out of the way, or really important. 

This year, it was the dropping a family piece that is very historical at the restorers, voting, flu and COVID shots, meeting with the lumber yard, and getting our hair cut.  At the house, I had planned to finish the laundry that had been building up over three water emergencies in a week. 

Well, the laundry had to wait.  An hour after the COVID shot Cookie developed headaches, a low-grade fever, and an arm so sore that would prevent him from pitching an ad campaign on Madison Avenue, so I was out like a light. As sudden as it came on it lifted at 9:30 last night. 

So laundry got done today, four double-hung sash windows with rotten or broken chords are no opening (no small task), and the laundry was put away.  Oh, also fresh sheets for the bed. 

And oh, yes, I am feeling pleased as punch at the volume of stuff we kicked to the curb. 

When I mention this day chock full of stuff, in general yields snarky comments like "Well it must be nice," and "when are you coming over to my house and taking care of that?"

And my standard answer is: It is nice. And I'm not. 



3 comments:

  1. You don't know how lucky you are that you can just "kick" things to the curb. In my mother's apartment in Shaker, it is even easier, with a dumpster right in the garage. Here, I have been doing some major cleaning out, but the garbage/recycle truck only comes at a specific time, it is several blocks away, and it seems to pour rain here every day, meaning that I cannot even try to meet the truck. Stuff is piling up everywhere! I keep telling myself that the rain has to stop sometime, but the weather doesn't seem to be aware of that.
    --Jim
    p.s. I checked on-line with the Cuyahoga Board of Elections, and they received and counted my ballot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today started slowly and then it was decided that laundry HAD to be done, so somehow I've done it (still in the dryer), when it's done I'll fold it on the freshly made bed in our totally cleaned bedroom and then I'll put MY clothes away! He can deal with his clothes because I will be done, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chores get done when the get done in our place 😂😂 Jx

    ReplyDelete