Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Oh, Baltimore: In a state of shock

 The Husband came quickly up the stairs this morning as I began the process of waking up.  In my not-quite-up-yet daze, I heard him say that the key bridge in Baltimore had been hit by a ship and collapsed. 

It didn't seem real. 

I brushed my teeth, threw on some clothes, and went down to the TV.   The images were like some nightmare. 

And there I sat all day. 

Talking with friends, explaining it to people. 

I never enjoyed going over the bridge.  It was huge and long, and its 150 height over the water made it seem even higher than it was. Luckily, it wasn't a part of everyday life when we lived there. 

And I say this disgusted while looking on social media while trolls and toads tried to blame this on Biden, on the Democrats, claiming that if Trump were President none of this would have happened.

And all I could think was "You vile assholes."

What the fuck is wrong with people?  

Now the Key Bridge stands for something other than transportation.  What I can not get my head around is that it isn't there anymore.

 

1 comment:

  1. Even places we lived in that we were not entirely in love with claim some of our identity. The Key Bridge disaster was a shock for the rest of us, so I can only imagine what it must have meant to you two.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete