Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Couldn't I just stay at a Hilton instead?


Cookie will be having another trip to Ohio yet this summer, and we are looking at places for me to stay.  I will be hitting up the Tri-Cs of Ohio: Columbus, Cincinnati, and of course, Cleveland. 

The trip is all about cemeteries, being on the Board of Trustees for one, visiting others to record them, and then attending a memorial service for a dear friend who was like a mother to me.  She passed in the fall of 2020, and it was a blessing.  But oh, to have her back in her prime. 

In any event, I won't be staying at our featured hotel.  Instead, I'll be Hilton properties.  No nooks and crannies to explore, no drapes like a velvet glove, but they take points, and points are good.  

4 comments:

  1. Avoid the velvet curtains, dear, I always have. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely trip. I'm glad you're getting the opportunity to celebrate someone who had an impact on your quality of life. Sorry for the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss, sweetpea. Staying at a Hilton? Glad it points and not Benjamins! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me know when you're coming to the 216. I'll meet you at Mayfield Cemetery.

    ReplyDelete