Monday, February 14, 2022

"...Fauci wants you to be oxygen starved..." said the bird

 



Today, I drove up to Wegman's, Hunt Valley, to grab something for dinner.  When I came into the parking lot, and parked I noted lots of fluorescent orange fliers on the windshields of the cars.  And my first thought was the pre-pandemic "No! something else to throw away, damn it."

I park the truck, get out, mask on my face, and start walking to the store when the person (or one of the people) distributing fliers approached me.  Again, in my pre-pandemic mind, I said to myself  "Jesus just leave me alone."

No. Such. Luck.

The woman looked like a strung-out Blythe Danner, but she was wearing expensive clothing and a gorgeous fitted coat.  And into my hand, she pushed a flier.  And then she told me to "Take off that mask; you need to breathe."

Excuse me?

"You need to take off that mask and breathe.  Your brain is oxygen-starved for breath."

Yeah, someone is cuckoo for Coco-Puffs.

I continued to walk, her flier in hand.  And she continued to harangue me.  

"Talk off that mask and breathe.  Fauci wants you to be oxygen-starved so you will be complacent.  Vaccines are experimental.  They are rotting your ability to think for yourself.  You need to take off that mask and breathe..."

Oh, shit.  

By this point, people started starring and a couple people start yelling at the woman about the littering she was instigating.  

"You are big pharma's..." and I tuned her out.  She said everything to me and it was too much. 

I kept walking. 

She stopped before I crossed the traffic lane that separated the parking from the front of the store.  More people were starring at her. 

I went into the store, grabbed a cart, and headed for the front desk.  Then I thought, nope, I need to take this to the pharmacy.   Which is what I did. 

I handed it to the pharmacy employee - where customers can get a booster -  and told them what was up outside.  They said they would take care of it.  She called the store manager and was talking when I left.

I found my items, got in line, and paid for them.  

When I left the store the woman was nowhere near where I was walking, I noticed a security patrol for the shopping center out of his vehicle pulling the fliers from windshields. 

We have been going through this damned pandemic for two years because this virus is hard to smack down, and it's hard to smack down because of people like that woman.  Spreading misinformation, harassing people, lying, and spreading all sorts of conspiracy theories. 

And I thought about keeping the flyer to show others, but why?  To what end?   I mean I post a picture of that ransom note looking flier and it gets copied by someone and gets distributed, or worse I get a smackdown from Bloggr for distributing that crap.

On one hand, I am grateful she didn't touch me or try to go for my mask. 

On the other hand, FUCK HER, in the metaphoric sense only. 

But one thing is for sure if anyone needs Big Pharma, it is that bird. 



6 comments:

  1. You are so much nicer than I. Left to my own devices, I would have ripped up and down verbally until she was in tears. At least, that's the scenario that plays in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lunatics will always be lunatics, no matter what the reason or cause. I'd have snatched every last flyer from her cold, dead hands, ripped them up and thrown them in the bin. But that's me for you. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing. She sounds like she lost her mind. Maybe it's down the well with all our hopes and aspirations. I hope she has someone to love her and buy her nice things and warm her up some soup. Poor thing. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lunatic Fringe are part of the Gene Pool not faring so well thru the Pandemic, perhaps soon to be an extinct Species that couldn't evolve enough to stay Alive. She'll soon be one gasping for Oxygen since she hasn't the sense to adequately protect herself from a preventable horrible way to Die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you took the flier to the pharmacy and let the store take of it it! As others have said, the lunatics are amongst us and they will not listen to reason and/or science! Stay well, sweetpea! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Cookie. Thanks for taking action and not just getting into your car and driving away, which many would have done.

    ReplyDelete