Thursday, February 13, 2014
Yeah, I am at that point.
Cookie is normally a happy go lucky person in February, because February means that winter is almost done.
Then this Nor'easter hit, and we had - in a 24 hour period:
3) Lots of snow.
4) So much snow that it buried the window ledges.
5) So much snow that the we had to shovel paths for the dogs through the back yard.
6) So much snow that our 30 year old snow blower up and died.
7) Seventeen inches of snow by 10AM.
In the coming hours we are expecting,
8) Thunder snow - that snow that is accompanied by thunder and lightning - 2-3 more inches
9) MORE snow on Friday and Saturday.
Now intellectually, I understand that next week, we are going to be in the 40s. I also understand that the longest this stuff will stay on the ground is a week.
Still, I have great sympathy for the character actors of the past who played characters in far away places, beset by snow and cold, and who go through rye like its water saying things like "the snow the snow, oh my gosh, the SNOW!"