Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sink your teeth into this



Cookie HATES the Dentist.  If I could insert HATES in a larger font without throwing everything off in BLOGGER, well then, I would.   But I can't so I shan't.

Anyhow,  lets just say that a tooth that had been drilled and filled and drilled and refilled finally when bad.

How bad?

Mayonnaise and potato salad, left out in the hot sun, for hours bad.

I only have myself to blame.  I kept my big yap shut while I was in Salt Lake City but realized that it was really bad when I got home.

So I went to the dentist.  I have been back two weeks and have been to the man's office three times, because that's what happens when you let thing get to this point.

The good news is that he saved the tooth and I am getting a crown.  The bad news is that I have spent seven hours in a dental chair because of my procrastination and fear.

And it was seven hours of needles, files, drills, gum resections and lasers, MORE lidocaine and needles, and on an on.

So now I have my temporary on and I have to wait three weeks for the permanent.   The crown will be in in two weeks, but the dentist and his wife are in joint practice, so they close the office during spring break so they can get in a family vacation.

That isn't their fault, that's mine.

Let us say that I have learned my lesson. I should be chewing pretty on the first day of spring.

8 comments:

  1. ew ew ew! personally, I'd let my tooth fall out before I would see a dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he saved the tooth! The last problem I had (and I went for a second (expensive) opinion to see if it could be saved), the tooth had fractured right through from tip to root and had to be extracted. Suffice to say, chewing steak is a bit of a chore these days. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that. Had that happen on a gummi bear. So they yank out the tooth and then they tell me that the implant will be $2,000. That was one freaking expensive gummy bear.

      Delete
  3. Dentist's are a necessary evil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll just have to suck through a straw until spring.

    I love my dentist. He's gentle, interesting AND handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sucking! No straws, no gummy foods, no dementors.

      The dentist won't even let me chew on the right side until I am crowned. What to wear to the crowning is weighing heavily on my mind.

      Delete
  5. I must be crazy.....I prefer the dentist over the doctor. I have no idea why either, because the doctor is very handsome and handles my cock.

    Hnag in there tootes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I practically live at the dentist's, between corns and root canals, so I can sympathize with your plight. However, I have to say that my current dentist in Taiwan is very gentle--it never hurts, and he was able to fix a problem that my American dentist couldn't.

    ReplyDelete