Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Command Album Covers


The husband has been collecting Command Record's albums for a few years.  Founded by Enoch Light, Command Records featured recording excellence and demanding standards from some of the top jazz artists of the day. 

Command records also are notable for their modernistic album graphics and titles like Persuasive Percussion, Provocative Percussion, and my favorite: Bongos, Bongos, Bongos - you think I'm kidding about the bongos, right?



And if you are a purist, then you'll enjoy:


See, I told you so. 

If you feel like dancing


Something more familiar? 


And my favorite:



Light's label also worked with Doc Severinsen:





And the one and only (white) Ray Charles...


To get you in the "mood"?


Or, another type of mood



Seriously, it is seldom that art on the outside and the art on the inside are this perfect for one and other.  

These are gorgeous albums.  Pick them up and give them a play!  (tomorrow, I'll post more!)


7 comments:

  1. cool post....also the ray charles up there is not the r-n-b legend....another guy (white) who had a group of easy listening singers that made the rounds in the sixties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groovy graphics, Cookie.

    But I don't see MY favourite tune...Butt Bongo Fiesta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song in my heart is definitely Bongos Bongos Bongos!

    ReplyDelete