Sunday, August 7, 2011

Saturday Night on Sunday Morning










We were guests of a lovely woman last night for her annual Kahiki party in her AMAZING backyard.   Seredipity reigned supreme: my husband works with the daughter of our hostess; and our next door neighbor knows her through the Fraternity of the Moai, of which he is the Grand and Exalted Pooba.  We regret that we didn't bring our bathing suits as the pool was wonderful.  The owners parrots were dancing in their cages to the sounds of Tiny Bubbles,  sung by an enchanting strolling musician and his Hawaian guitar.  The yard is a little bit-o-Polynesia and our evening was enchanted.

6 comments:

  1. I'm charmed from all the way over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that garden! It looks fabulous and what a great time all must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a shock to see this - it is amazing. Although I have to admit that I was very uncomfortable around the strolling man with the guitar. I have this issue with people whipping out acoustic guitars and spontaneous singing that is taken very seriously. It's not quite a phobia, but it is an aversion. Definitly an aversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the lotus/lily pond... that dancer is just divine... I want one... whether I'll get one is a completely different story.
    Great garden to create an atmosphere for an out door do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He played Tiny Bubbles and asked for us to all join in. I crumpled up into a little ball.

    ReplyDelete