Thursday, March 10, 2011

Debbie is selling out!

When I saw this and read I shrieked "Oh, Doris Day! Oh, Gorden McCrea!"



My lieblings!  I knew that this was coming - well actually, all of us who know Debbie knew this was coming after the hotel in Vegas went "ousch kitsch putt"-  but I never really thought the day would actually happen.

She's parceled whats left the collection and selling it off!  Now TJB can bid online to buy the Cleopatra costume worn by Claudette Colbert.  And Norma Desmond can buy back all of her costumes from her days at Paramount!

I would expect my catalogue is on the way.  Having purchased part of a cousin estate from them a few years ago they send the beautiful catalogs, that make perfect bathroom reading. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for her hard times. Though maybe not a favorite she always seemed like a nice gal. From "Singing in the Rain" to "Goodbye Charlie" she did have some interesting film roles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird that in the video on her site she says she amassed the collection from various studio auctions because she couldn't bear seeing it broken up. So here she is breaking it up!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's old and probably would prefer to stay home.
    and besides, it must cost plenty to pay for storage.

    ReplyDelete