Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Storm


Don't know how the rest of you all are doing but we are in the midst of an ice storm.  Nothing as dramatic as the movie but we are all keeping as close to home as possible and staying away from metal guard rails that have overhead power lines, and we have been turning down invitations to "key parties" as well.

I can deal with the cold and the snow, but ice is dangerous and makes me distrust others - especially those who insist on shaving, applying make up, reading their crackberries, or speaking on the phone - all at once - while driving.

So far so good at our home.  The big white pine in back  is still standing, although the white birch we planted across the street to block the view of the crappy old duplex took a hit.  I hope it can be saved.

The good news is that all of this madness has moved off to the east.

Like I said, the bitter cold, the snow - I can handle, but ice is dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment