Monday, November 9, 2009

Miss Rose - stuck in Texas


Well the latest on Miss Rose is that she is in Texas, loaded on a truck bound for Illinois. So she's moving in the right direction, but I want my car....

Anyway I found this fabulous 1963 advertising postcard on eBay and snapped it up because it is the correct model of Studebaker Lark, the Regal, which was anything but regal.  Still I think it looks snazzier than a Chevrolet Biscayne, and oh, so continental with its ersatz Mercedes grille.  Studebaker Packard had the US Distributorship agreement for Benz from the 1950s through the 1960s.  In fact many longtime Benz dealerships (in Columbus, Germain M-B came from Ed Potter M-B, which started out as Ed Potter Studebaker) today started out as Studebaker or Packard dealerships.

2 comments:

  1. stuck in texas? i suppose they all are. shit....and i bet you're having the nice weather we're having now....AND you could be tooling around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments EXACTLY. Mark my words - by the time she gets to Ohio There will be salt on the roadways and there goes my fun.

    ReplyDelete